Serving the Service Industry
Service industries include the broad categories of transportation, travel, health and medical, professional, entertainment and recreation, communication, repair and financial. Service businesses may have varying degrees of capital investment.
Internal Management Reporting Systems
- Is your company capturing all direct and indirect costs including labor, payroll taxes and benefits and manufacturing overhead?
- Has your company quantified fixed and variable costs?
- Does your company know it’s break even point?
Product and Product Line Profitability Analyses
- Does you company calculate profit margins by type of service provided?
- Has your company analyzed costs by service type and geographic area to determine marginal revenue and contribution to net income?
- Does the company’s reporting system provide management with current and timely financial data including revenue and gross profit by service types and geographic areas?