Wouch, Maloney & Co., LLP, a regional certified public accounting firm, is seeking to add a Technical Review Manager to the accounting and auditing staff at its principal office in Horsham, Pennsylvania. For over thirty years, our firm has helped closely-held businesses and individuals achieve their financial goals by providing a wide array of accounting and tax services in a proactive, knowledgeable, and caring manner. Our services include: accounting and auditing, tax preparation and planning, estate and succession planning, business consulting and valuation, litigation support and forensic accounting. Our diverse and very loyal client base of regional, multi-state and international entities, as well as individuals trusts our technical skills and personalized expertise to help them enhance and preserve their economic well-being.
The position, which requires a currently licensed Certified Public Accountant with a minimum of ten years of public accounting experience and recent technical review or equivalent experience, will have the following responsibilities:
- Technical review of financial statements and working files for compliance with professional standards.
- Assist with audit planning, including evaluation of internal control and risk assessment.
- Research technical accounting issues to ensure that they are appropriately resolved in a timely manner.
- Participate in staff training on new pronouncements and technical issues.
- Update internal forms (i.e., work programs, checklists, etc.) and procedures as appropriate.
- Participate in review of tax returns.
- Assist with monitoring the firm’s SQCS compliance and the firm’s peer reviews.
The ideal applicant will bring the following attributes to this position:
- Knowledge of current GAAP, other financial reporting frameworks and AICPA professional standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of business and individual taxes.
- Outstanding staff and client relations.
- Demonstrate a commitment to enhance professional knowledge through involvement in professional activities and committees (i.e., AICPA, PICPA).
Wouch Maloney, a member of the AICPA’s PCPS, is extremely proud of its peer review record. We do not perform any engagements subject to PCAOB standards. The firm encourages staff involvement in its various management committees, supports membership and involvement in professional accounting organizations such as the PICPA and also in industry trade and service groups. For the successful candidate the firm offers limitless opportunities for advancement. We look forward to hearing from you!